domingo, 21 de septiembre de 2014

How I broke my pescetarian diet.

My friend Julie invited a group of us to watch the Saints’ game at her lovely home today. In the past she has always made sure the main course meets my dietary preferences, no meat. And because of me the rest of her guests are often deprived of meats, but they do get to savor some delicious seafood dishes. For today’s menu, she had a special seafood Jambalaya catered, and although I am not too interested in watching anything NFL, her thoughtful gesture and the gift of spending time with her and other friends were good reasons for me to be there. As she placed the jambalaya in the center of the table, she said out loud, “Lourdes this was made especially for you.” I served myself a nice portion, along with the other guests, and soon she herself realized that the jambalaya had chicken and beef, besides seafood. Oh no, she said, displeased that a mistake was made. I felt terrible for my sweet friend and immediately began to eat the delicious jambalaya to reassure her that it was totally fine. Her love and thoughtful gesture mean the world to me. This experience got me thinking about the things we do for the people we appreciate and love... I had not eaten meat in years, but next time, please fire the cook!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario