lunes, 26 de enero de 2015

Training for the hills

Tomorrow I start training for hills but my body is still recovering from 17 flat miles logged in over the weekend. Besides that, I had very little sleep last night and a long day at work today. By the time I left the office today my body was literally breaking down and feeling weak. I knew I needed a major protein boost. Got home and put a pound of salmon in the oven, baked some sweet potatoes and had a green spinach salad with avocados. I ate like I had not eaten in weeks, then took a short evening nap, woke up to my cat’s meows, and now I think am ready to tackle hill training tomorrow, provided I get a good night sleep later on. Yikes! All of this to be prepared to run the hills. Hills are my least favorite part of training for a race but I have to train my quads and endurance for the various hills at the Boston Marathon, especially for the notorious Heartbreak Hill. This monster of a hill climbs 91 feet and what makes it tougher is the rate at which the change happens, and that the hill comes up after runners have traveled over 20 miles, many of which are grueling down hill miles. By the time one reaches Heartbreak hill, I hear the quads have had it. Again, why am I doing this?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario