lunes, 11 de mayo de 2015

Breathing a huge sigh of relief...


When my students came to me this semester with their funny excuses about late homework and missing assignments, little did they know that I too was going to school full-time, besides working/teaching full time and training for a marathon. Poor students, I was so sleep deprived that at times they found little grace with me but in the end I am a softy and I cut them lots of slack. I need to show them my grades and perhaps motivate them to get more serious about their school: 
My sister was my inspiration
I drive myself to the brink of despair sometimes. For the past few months I felt as if I were living the life of three different people. First, training for the Boston Marathon required so much of my time and energy. Then four graduate classes at once, all so demanding; I had to burn the midnight oil. My neighbors commented about seeing my lights on past two and three in the morning. And, to lace up my sneakers and keep up with my marathon training with very little rest was extremely HARD!!! Most demanding of course was my job: teaching, grading, meetings, mentoring students, committees, office hours, travel conferences, writing, etc. 
I felt like I was doing a balancing act, walking across a very tight rope. But how wonderful that all that pressure is behind me and yet another semester of life was lived to the fullest and so much was gained. I consider everything in life gain and nothing loss, including the set backs that keep us humble, and the hard earned merits and accomplishments we celebrate. No doubt the strength of my character was tested beyond limits. While I was running Boston and when I conquered Heartbreak hill I felt so strong like I could do anything in life. 
What a wonderful life!!!! Now it’s time for raucous gatherings, travel, and long walks with my dog… and sleeping in, if my cat allows it!!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario