miércoles, 27 de noviembre de 2013

Life is about so much more...

Back home in my beloved Nola after a marvelous time and conference in Baltimore, MD. It is always a gift to reconnect with friends and to be surrounded by so many intellectuals for five straight days, and I got so much accomplished while I was there. I always return from the national conference feeling inspired and fueled to write not just one book but many. Ha! The only problem, or should I say the main problem is that I enjoy doing so many other things also. I have so many passions and so little time for them all. I may never become a prominent scholar in my field but I rather live my life embracing the things I love. Don’t get me wrong. I get excited about writing and presenting papers, attending conferences, debating among colleagues, and teaching, but I am equally excited about traveling, running, dancing, socializing, loving (LOVE LOVE LOVE), tennis, church life, CASA, etc. Life is grand!

Today I went for an 8-mile run as I continue to taper for the St Jude Marathon. Here is a picture of me sporting my MagNOLAs Jersey provided by our sponsors. I feel like a real athlete with sponsors and all. How cool!

 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario