sábado, 22 de febrero de 2014

My running buddy!

Been up since the wee hours of morning working on a manuscript and I have come to a good place to stop. Now to lace up my sneakers and meet my running partner for a long run that will take us through the French Quarter; it is a complete joy, to run through my beloved city and with my favorite running buddy. The woman is dynamite and we push each other to the limits. She is a complete athlete and has been running competitively since high school. And she gets better and tougher in her 50s, unstoppable and admirable indeed! Right now she is training to run Boston in April and I am lucky to tag along and bask in the joy of having her fine company and experience to guide me. I am so fortunate to have crossed path with her and I love it when she tells me that I PUSH HER… What an enormous compliment! We joke that in our golden years we are going to kick ass together. This great life never ceases to amaze me.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario