domingo, 8 de febrero de 2015

Boston training continues…

Running twelve miles on trails left me aching all over. That kind of running is very different and it's more challenging than running on the road. I was aching in places I never ached before and it took me a whole day to recover. But this morning we were back at it again but this time a short run on the road and through our lovely City Park. The Park is the main reason I moved to this part of town. There is just no better place for a runner plus my dog enjoys it too. Yesterday I took her for a long walk at the Park and today she walked the Lafitte Greenway Corridor that is right in our back yard. But going back to my early run, my running buddies, Michael and Jonathan, are in super great shape and are pushing me to run faster to keep up with them. I am so thrilled to have them! But we are more than running buddies, we are friends and together we care for the feral cats in our building. Now we have four new kittens and after Mardi Gras we plan to get them spayed and neutered, provided we are able to trap them. We have been trying to do as much of that as possible with the cats that come around but it seems the cat population continues to grow and people don’t think twice about dumping their cats on our doorsteps. Ay caramba!


Enjoy this picture perfect day!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario