jueves, 19 de diciembre de 2013

Young children, a Christmas tree, and hot chocolate!

Somehow I thought that putting together a Christmas tree with my CASA kid and his two siblings would be lots of fun. I showed up at their doorsteps this evening with a bag full of snacks, hot chocolate, and various ornaments for the tree, along with my endless supply of energy and enthusiasm. The only thing I did not prepare myself for was letting go of my perfectionist quirks. Needless to say I found out that putting lights and ornaments on a Christmas tree with three energetic young children is an extremely difficult and challenging undertaking. By the time we were done “decorating” the tree, the room looked like a devastating earthquake had hit it. On several occasions I had to restrain myself from wanting to rearrange the ornaments to restore some of the aesthetics of the tree. But then I realized that the children were proud of their work and very happy with their tree. It was their tree, not mine. We then took a break to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and snacks and the children proceeded to dip every single snack, including cheese puffs, in their hot chocolate. Ay caramba! I left their home and returned to my organized and quiet life glad to be away from the chaos but at the same time grateful for the joy of sharing those moments with them.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario