miércoles, 1 de enero de 2014

Great way to start the New Year

What's the best way to start the New Year? Well, I never liked making resolutions at the beginning of a new year like so many people tend to do because they are a waste of mental energy and most people set themselves up for major failure and disappointment. I loved a picture a friend from Madrid sent me yesterday saying a la mierda with resolutions. We, meaning women in general, already look great, a Carpe Diem sort of philosophy with which I tend to agree in so many ways.

As such, there was nothing relatively new in the way I started the year; it is just another day on the Gregorian calendar. Last night, after having a few drinks with a fun group of friends and indulging on some delicious food, I went to bed very late. This morning, as it often happens (drinks or no drinks) I struggled getting myself out of bed for my early run. Oh gosh, I woke up feeling so thirsty and with a pounding, bloody headache. But because I was supposed to meet some of the MagNOLAs for an early run, I put myself together and dragged my tired little butt out to the Lakefront. The weather was cold and dreary but when I arrived my running partners were upbeat and ready to go. Talk about motivation; the energy I get from being around positive and enthusiastic people fuels me to no end. We had a great run and enjoyed a brief morning celebration together afterward. These women are a gift!

That’s what I mean by Carpe Diem, no resolutions in sight but living life the best way we can, being responsible while also having great fun along the way and making things happen from day to day. We should take nothing too seriously, nor too light, not too binding, nor too loose. Such is perhaps the key to la dolce vita. Happy New Year 2014!  



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario