martes, 21 de enero de 2014

Feeling like a student again...

Two more short assignments to turn in and I will be finished with my QM Faculty Development Online class. It has been such demanding course  and the timing could not be worse because it started a week before the semester. But I was determined to do it now as I intend to start teaching online/hybrid courses this summer. Xavier is paying for the course and I found out that my UNO colleagues do not take this course at all. Yet, they are teaching online courses without any formal instruction. 
The QM course is a nationally designed program taught by a professional review team to prepare teachers and professors to design and teach well-developed online courses that meet the QM national standards for online teaching.  Even though the work and homework assignments have been brutal, I have benefited immensely from taking this course and have gained invaluable insights, skills, and practical knowledge to apply to my online course preparation and teaching. Thank you Xavier University for making sure our faculty is trained for the online teaching experience. This is great not only for us faculty but also for our beloved students.
Off to get some sleep…

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario